Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Home Improvement



I have successfully completed my first home-improvement project. I installed four bookshelves on my bedroom walls. It's been a week-long process involving many trips to Home Depot , countless conversations with Matthew, and a few new tools.

I called my sister-in-law today from Home Depot as I was looking for some drill bits I had forgotten. Lovingly/sarcastically, she said "What a surprise... A Jones man starting out to do a project without all of the proper equipment." What can I say, it's genetic. And, I didn't mind perusing the aisles once again. It's a little bit therapeutic.

4 comments:

mother jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Looks nice Nate. Everything is on the level. So did they turn out to be concrete walls?

arLeNe said...

I looks very simple and neat. Well done! Home Depot and Lowes, specialize in selling materials and tools for DIY home improvement. These stores host classes and carry numerous books to teach customers how to do the work themselves. But have you tried to contact a contractor for some major home renovation? At New York Bathroom Remodeling you may find ideas for your home.

Jennifer said...

I feel defeated. You were my last hope...yet, here you are, stalking home improvement stores, installing, purchasing more tools, then uninstalling to achieve perfection upon reinstalling. I'm going to put on something black now. Seriously, well done.