Monday, July 30, 2007

Songs of the Church


Wilber came over last night after church and after we ate dinner we sat down at my piano to sing some hymns. It's what all normal couples do, right? He had expressed interest in learning the tenor line to some songs we sing at church. He has a great ear, so only a few times going through these melodies and he had them down perfect. The last song we sang together was Tis Midnight, and on Olive's Brow. Playing the piano and listening to Wilber sing, I had tears running down my face. I finally felt like my two worlds were reconciled: me with Wilber, me with Jesus in the garden. Now, the three of us there together. What peace, God.

3 comments:

Sienna said...

That book cover brings back some fond memories. I can picture you and Wilber rocking it out.

mother jones said...

There's just nothing better than singing to the Lord. I remember singing "Holy, Holy, Holy" beside you in church in Manhattan. Precious memories, for sure...

Jacks Legacy said...

Oh my, just seeing that hymnal brings tears to my eyes! I'm feeling the need for a sing-a-long around the Moran piano on your next visit.