Monday, July 16, 2007

Tahoka, TX

I got to spend four wonderful days last week with the Hays family in Tahoka, Texas. It was really good for my soul to be back in Texas, even if only for a little while. As soon as I landed at DFW, I breathed an audible sigh of relief as I looked out the window onto the Texas sky. There's no place like Texas.

Spending time with Joe, Laura, Sophia, Ira, Katie, Lance, Jack, Lydia, Jackie, Ryan, Isaac, Joey, Joe Francis and Glo was awesome. Really awesome! I laughed a lot, ate home-cooked meals, drank sweet iced tea, sat on the backporch swing, soaked in the hot tub, played the Wii, and enjoyed so much the company of old and new friends. I felt completely relaxed and completely at home, and I owe that to the hospitality and genuineness of everyone there.

My brother Josh and I were talking about my trip before I left, and how it's places like Tahoka that we would prefer to visit on vacation rather than the beach or the mountains or someplace exotic. It's the truth. Let me feast my eyes on the cotton fields, drive the open road, take in the vast night sky, stop at the John Deere dealership, and spend quality time with people I love, and I'll be a happy man.

No comments: